** Please do not copy photos to other websites, including Facebook - post a link instead **

Tal-Ħandaq Nostalgia

Memories of the Royal Naval School, Malta, 1947 - 1978.


Most viewed - Transport
stphilip.JPG
Floriana Station Approach ©377 viewsAt the entrance to St Philip's Garden. Map.Prefect
buses.JPG
Sliema Buses376 viewsMartin Powell
Princess Melita Avenue heading for Pieta.
Prefect
MIA.jpg
Malta International Airport376 viewsWhich is considered to be at Gudja rather than Luqa.Prefect
vis1.jpg
BEA Viscount at Luqa 1960 ©375 viewsPrefect
disominxLR.jpg
Loads of sixties cars.375 viewsPrefect
takali5w.jpg
Rolling off at Mgarr374 viewsOur first vist to Gozo by Imperial Eagle 1960.Prefect
caronia_1950.jpg
Caronia 1950374 viewsThe Green Goddess. Built 1949, sold 1968, wrecked/scrapped 1974.
Admiralty tug Respond in attendance.
6 commentsPrefect
sigbus.jpg
"You Came A Long Way from Siggiewi"374 viewsPrefect
dunera~0.jpg
Dunera374 viewsSchool Cruise 1962 & 1967Prefect
GBLMGalea.jpg
Gozo Boat373 viewsPostcard - painting by LM Galea.Prefect
19301w.jpg
Knight of Malta373 viewsIn service from 1930 with passengers and mail to Syracuse and Tunis. Sunk 1941.Prefect
melitaland80s.jpg
Melita Land372 viewsGozo Ro-Ro 1980sPrefect
3327gozo~0.jpg
3327 in later life372 viewsHaving emigrated3 commentsPrefect
Ugandapc.jpg
Uganda372 viewsArthur Dixon PostcardPrefect
railwork1B.jpg
Working on the Railroad372 viewsAttardPrefect
1950-B3w.jpg
Queen of Peace372 viewsGozo freight ferry 1956-1970.
Originally RN minesweeper MMS 135. Foundered 1977 in Gulf of Sirte.
Prefect
M2009_146ww.jpg
Bikes at Bugibba ©372 viewsPrefect
Westminster.jpg
A Star by any other name, 1949.372 viewsIn 1947 she was acquired by the Minster SS Co. Ltd (Mitchell Cotts & Co. Malta) and renamed Westminster. In 1952 she was sold to Paul M. Laferla, who operated her thrice weekly as the passenger ferry Star of Malta between Malta and Syracuse. Prefect
lancs.jpg
Troopship Lancashire 1956371 views Mentioned in School Mag 1957.
Lancashire(2)Built 1914 for Bibby Line, in 1930 converted to permanent troopship, scrapped at Barrow in 1956.
1 commentsPrefect
bkarastation~0.jpg
Birkirkara Station371 views2 commentsPrefect
19006w.jpg
Gleneagles & Princess Melita off Mgarr370 viewsGozo Mail Steamers c 1885 - 1924.Prefect
MA_28129.jpg
The Fabled Magirus-Deutz 1956 at City Gate.370 viewsSometime between 1964 - 1971.
Last seen here.
Prefect
vis2.jpg
BEA Viscount in the new colours ©369 viewsPrefect
LR884w.jpg
Land Rover Series I 1988 ©368 viewsPrefect
cameronia1952.jpg
Cameronia 1952368 viewsAnchor Line, built 1920. Requisitioned as troopship 1940 - 47. Then emigrant ship until 1953 when bought by MOT as troopship and renamed Empire Clyde. Scrapped 1957.Prefect
eaglemarfa.JPG
The Eagle at Marfa368 viewsPrefect
PEMALTA27.JPG
Running for the Bus ©368 viewsFrom Peter Evans.Prefect
MA_28229.jpg
Full House at Mgarr368 viewsMelitaland, Cominoland/Jylland 2 (Ex HMS Miner VI), Imperial Eagle & Ghawdex.
Circa 1980
Prefect
Gozo_Ferry_1976.jpg
Gozo Ferry 1976367 viewsMelita Land ex Dordrechteansmith
railway.jpg
The Railway367 viewsValletta to Rabat/Mtarfa. 1883 - 1931.Prefect
slltgreen.jpg
Sliema Bus367 viewsMartin Powell
Bedford OB in the spray green livery 1973 - 1995.
Prefect
Dilwara2.jpg
Troopship Dilwara367 viewsProbably late forties.
ARUNDEL CASTLE appears to be in the background.
Prefect
466 files on 15 page(s) 7